I love Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule, a blog run by Dennis Cozzalio devoted to the study and appreciation of film, and the pure joy that can come from movies.
It doesn't hurt that Dennis was an extra who was handed a pledge pin by Bluto Blutarski in 1977 [released just a bit later].
Anyway, SLIFR has provided a few of the movie-based quizzes that I've borrowed before, since I'm interested in the responses you guys offer.
Here's his latest:
1) Best transition from movies to TV (actor, actress, producer/director, movie/show)
2) Living film director you most missing seeing on the cultural landscape regularly
3) Eugene Pallette or Charles Coburn
4) Fill in the blank: “I pray that no one ever turns _____________ into a movie.”
5) Jane Greer or Veronica Lake
6) What was the last movie you saw in a theater? On DVD? And why?
7) Name an actor you think should be a star
8) Foxy Brown or Coffy
9) Favorite TV show still without its own DVD box set
10) Jack Elam or Neville Brand
11) What movies would top your list of movies you need to revisit, for whatever reason?
12) Zodiac or All the President’s Men
13) Using our best reviewer-speak, what is an “important” film comedy? And what is to you the most important film comedy of the last 35 years?
14) Describe the ideal environment for watching a movie.
15) Michelle Williams or Eva Mendes
16) What’s the worst movie title of all time?
17) Best movie about teaching and/or learning
18) Dracula (1931) or Horror of Dracula (1958)
19) Why do you blog? Or if you don’t, why do you read blogs? (Thanks, Girish)
20) Most memorable/disturbing death scene
21) Jason Robards or Robert Shaw
22) A good candidate for Most Blasphemous Movie Ever
23) Rio Bravo or Red River
24) Werner Herzog is remaking Bad Lieutenant with Nicolas Cage—that’s reality. Try to outdo reality by concocting a match-up of director and title for a really strange imaginary remake.
25) Bulle Ogier or Charlotte Rampling
26) In the Realm of the Senses— yes or no?
27) Name a movie you think of as your own (Thanks, Jim!)
28) Winged Migration or Microcosmos
29) Your favorite football game featured in a movie
30) Wendy Hiller or Deborah Kerr
31) Dirtiest secret you have that is related to the movies
32) Name a favorite film and describe how it is illuminated and enriched by another favorite film.
33) It’s a Gift or Horsefeathers
34) Your best story about seeing a movie at a drive-in
35) Victor Mature or Tyrone Power
36) What does film criticism mean to you? Where do you think it’s headed?